Facility Use Guideline Terms
Please note that you will need to agree and abide by these terms when you reserve one of the Foreign Trade Zone meeting rooms.
- I shall remain on-site during the reserved time and ensure the conference room is restored to its original condition and configuration upon conclusion of my event.
- I shall pay a deposit of $100 upon confirmation of my reservation. The deposit shall be returned 2-4 weeks after the event provided no extra charges are incurred (e.g. excessive cleaning, equipment damage, etc.). Should there be cleaning costs/damages exceeding the deposit paid, I shall pay the difference immediately upon request by FTZ9.
- I shall pay the full amount of the rental fee on or before the day of the event, or the reservation shall be cancelled and the deposit forfeited. Checks shall be made payable to the “Foreign-Trade Zone,” and delivered/mailed to 521 Ala Moana Boulevard, Room 101, Honolulu, HI 96813.
- If I wish to cancel, I shall email my intent to cancel to: firstname.lastname@example.org at least 48 hours in advance of my reserved time, or my deposit shall be forfeited.
- I shall include in my reservation application any audio/visual equipment needed (projector, screen, teleconferencing unit, monitor, etc.) — see reverse; and, if possible, I shall schedule a time to perform a “tech check” to ensure all equipment interfaces properly. I agree that all equipment and facilities are furnished without warranty of any sort.
- I shall ensure that all trash is bagged and disposed of in the refuse bin located outside, at the back of the building.
- I shall pay all long distance charges incurred from use of the Polycom teleconference system immediately upon request by FTZ9.
- I shall ensure that the second floor foyer and reception desk areas shall not be utilized without prior approval of FTZ9. (Homer Maxey Conf. Rm.) Clear access to the elevator, stairs, restrooms and hallways for FTZ9 tenants and visitors shall be maintained at all times.
- Apart from the aforementioned areas and the conference room, I shall ensure that no other area, inside or outside the facility, shall be utilized for my event without prior approval of FTZ9.
- I agree that FTZ9 shall not be responsible or liable for any personal property left in or on the facilities, or for any damages or injuries to person or property resulting from the use of the facilities or equipment; and I agree to defend, indemnify and hold harmless FTZ9 and the State of Hawaii from and against any liabilities, losses, damages, costs and claims resulting from or arising out of the same. I agree to maintain general liability and automobile insurance in sufficient coverage to assure protection from and against the kind and extent of risks under this agreement.
- I shall ensure that the building entrance doors shall not be left ajar or wedged open. Doing so shall activate the security alarm, and I shall immediately pay all costs incurred should this result in FTZ9 or Harbor Police involvement. After-hours labor charges set forth in FTZ Tariff Item No. 515 shall apply, and the deposit shall be forfeited.
- I agree that smoking, lodging, retail transactions, loud noises, offensive odors, hazardous materials, and any handling of the artwork in the facility are prohibited
- I shall ensure that upon departure, the lights are turned off, the conference room door closed, and all keys returned to FTZ9.
- I shall ensure that event guests shall park in permitted areas only (parking document sent with confirmation).
- FTZ9 reserves the right to cancel an event if the facilities are considered unsuitable for use due to fire or natural calamity, act of God, notice of violations by any government agency, or any other occurrences beyond the control of FTZ9. The deposit and rental fee shall be refunded, and FTZ9 shall not have any further liability.
- I shall ensure that all applicable federal, state, and county laws, rules and regulations shall be complied with at all times.